Friday, November 7, 2008

Road Trip - Charleston Seafood

ROAD TRIP! So the Hubby and I took a trip to Charleston for some friend’s wedding. (Which was a blast and congrats) We get seafood when ever we go to the coast; it is the one thing we have to do! We asked around on Friday night and we were told to go to A.W. Shucks, which thank you guy.
This was the best Seafood I have ever had!
The hubby and I went with a couple that came down with us from Athens, Ga. We took one look at the menu and could not deicide what to get, so all ordered something different and shared, like an episode of Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern. The starters were She Crab soup, Calamari and hush puppies. I only eat soup when I am sick, for some reason it only tastes right when I am sick. But that She Crab soup was sooo good! The calamari was good but it was not great. Hush Puppies, I love hush puppies, I wanted to order more.
For the main meal we had shrimp and grits, a fried Market st. platter, crab cakes with stuff shrimp and more fried fish and shrimp. I have nothing bad to say, the food was fantastic.
Coming from Atlanta it was so nice to have good seafood. The price was about 20 dollars a person, which is not bad for all the food we got and the quality. A.W. Shucks is right off market st in the down town area. Please if you are ever in Charleston, try the seafood!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Glad you guys enjoyed the food at least. :p Thanks for coming to the wedding, your pictures rocked!