Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A New Year, A New Blog

I have decided after talking to friends and family to change things up a bit.


How can I talk about food with out talking about the people and what was going on at the time, plus there are a few blogs and forums that should be talked about as well I think.

For starter:
If you have never been to cake wrecks you should! Also, the pioneer woman, her stories are everyone of the idea for me. (In the Recipe section on the side I have linked to her.) Please go thru the Tenth Annual Weblog Awards, there are so great blogs!



The next thing I must talk about is my hubby's rule. See I don't like trying things that are new. You would think with being a foodie I would but sadly I am picky, that is right,
I am Cooking Monster and I am a picky eater!
So my hubby and I would go to dinner and he would say "try this", my reply was "I don't like that". The problem with this is I had never eaten the food item before, so I would not have known if I liked the food or not. My hubby, well he realized really quickly what I was doing. (He is smart like that, but don't tell him I said so)
And so The Rule was made!
"I have to try the food once. If I do not like it, I do not like it but I have to try it!"
I have found that fried veggies are not that bad. Sushi should be tried more than once. It may look bad but taste good.
Need least to say, you the reader should have some good reads and maybe even a video or two of me eating something. (which my hubby loves doing)

So until the next post,
try the rule,
Cooking Monster

No comments: